Email ID: email@example.com Phone Number: +1 732-570-6134
Seeking internship positions in Network software development, LTE/5G technology, Blockchain technology, Digital forensic, Cyber security and research roles.
- PhD in Computer Science, The Graduate Center, CUNY, USA, Aug16- Ongoing (GPA: 3.872/4)
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Jadavpur University, India,2011. (GPA: 3.55/4)
- Bachelor in Electronics & Communication Engineering. MAKAUT, India,2009. (GPA: 3.82/4)
- Demo: E-Witness – Preserve and Prove Forensic Soundness of Digital Evidence in MobiCom, 2018
- Journal on SpEED-IoT: Spectrum Aware Energy Efficient Routing for Device-to-Device IoT Communication in Future Generation Computer Systems, 2018
- Adversarial Modeling for Spectrum Aware IoT Communications, 2018 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC): Communications and Information Security Symposium
- Work on progress on Location Attestation: I know where I am and I can privately prove it
- Master’s Thesis 2011: Studies on Designing of High Frequency Electronic Ballast for Low Pressure Mercury Vapor lamps with different topological approaches.
RESEARCH AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
NSF Research Experience The Graduate Center, CUNY
Graduate Researcher 2018 – Present
- Research on location attestation: Developed and implemented location authentication and attestation service for smart devices using LTE Positioning Protocol. The service is implemented and tested as an Android application to provide location certificate to a smart device.
- Digital forensics: Developed and implemented E-Witness, a system that uses Blockchain technology to prove the integrity and spatio-temporal properties of digital evidence captured through a smart-phone. The system consists of a smart-phone application that computes robust hash of pictures or videos taken from the phone camera, a location attestation service and a public Blockchain which contains ledger entries to preserve the evidence file’s hash and location certificate. The human witness can remain anonymous in this process. An investigator who receives the evidence (by any means) can verify the integrity and spatio-temporal claims of the evidence by querying the Blockchain.
IoT Security and Route Optimization Research Experience The Graduate Center, CUNY
Graduate Researcher 2016 – 2017
- Adversarial Modeling for Spectrum Aware IoT Communications: Designed a utility based selfish adversarial model mimicking collaborative SSDF attack in a cooperative spectrum sensing scenario where IoT networks use dedicated environmental sensing capability (ESC) for spectrum availability estimation. We designed the model using a leader-follower game and investigated the existence of equilibrium.
- Spectrum aware energy efficient routing for device-to-device IoT communication: Designed an evolutionary game theoretic route discovery model for device-to-device (D2D) based Internet of Things (IoT) communication. Our routing scheme ensures licensed incumbent protection, energy preservation, performance optimization, and fairness.
Employer: John Jay College of Criminal Justice, CUNY Jan-2018- till now Adjunct Lecturer
- Teach Linux System Administration
- Course designed for Linux System Administration
- Prepared and conducted Python Workshop
Employer: Accenture Services Private Limited Jul-2015—Feb-2016
- Handled tools like Eye of Storm, HP Ovo, HpSim, Bocada, Hpdp, Control– M, BMC BPPM, BMC PROMISE and Symantec Netbackup, ITIL incident and change management implementation.
- Troubleshooting LAN/WAN issues, follow up with LCON, review the strategy and improve the quality relationship with client. Experience in Wireshark.
Employer: Ideal Institute of Engineering (India) Aug-2011— Jan-2015
- Taught Microprocessor and Microcontroller, C++, Python, Computer Networking, Digital Signal Processing, Analog Electronics, Signals and systems, Advanced Photometry for Undergraduates.
- Member of Board of Governors of IIE, Member of R&D unit of IIE, Senior Adviser of Academic Committee
TOOLS and TECHNOLOGIES
- Languages: Python, C++, Java, LaTeX, MATLAB. (object-oriented design for multithreaded programming)
- Technologies: Android Application Development, Blockchain DApp development, Quorum chain, Cellular technology (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, 5G).
- Software & tools: TCP/IP Socket programming, tcpdump, Wireshark, tshark, Truffle suit, js, Android Studio, NS3
- Network Data analysis: Machine learning (k-means, logistic regression, SVM, random forest, etc,), statistical techniques.
AWARDS and ACHIEVEMENTS
- MobiCom 2018 conference NSF travel grant
- CNS’17 NSF/ARO Student Travel Grant
- GENI Engineering Conference (GEC) 25 Travel Grant
- Jadavpur University Gold Medal (2011) in Illumination Engineering, Electrical Engineering Department.
- ISLE (Indian Society for Lighting Engineers) all India scholarship for the Term paper in M.E 1st year on “Stage Lighting Design and Analysis”.